Budget open planar headphones
Archived article, this model is no longer in production.
The budget version of Snorry’s most popular planar headphones is the SI-1 composit.
The driver is designed with low-cost, square-section magnets. The diaphragm is optimized just for them, with a different topology than other headphone models. The cups are only made of inexpensive wood (ash), instead of leather – a good leatherette. The design is simplified and cheapened in terms of materials and manufacturing methods.
Model Name: SI-4
- Impedance 40 ohms;
- Sensitivity 100-101 dB/1mW;
- Weight 480 grams;
- Connectors miniXLR 4pin.
- Material of ear cushions and headband – eco-leather (leatherette);
- Material of the cups – hard wood (ash, bamboo).
Magnetic system design:
- Magnetic system is double-sided, symmetrical, with 5 magnets in each row;
- Magnet cross-section is square;
- Geometric openness of the radiation area of about 80%;
- Optimized for this magnetic system, there is ribbing across the tracks.